How Do I know If My Request Fits Within The American National Bank’s Charitable Giving Focus?
Each year, The American National Bank receives numerous worth-while donation, sponsorship and support requests. In order to maximize the impact on our communities through our corporate philanthropy, The American National Bank gives priority to organizations or programs that align closely with our Charitable Giving Focus through these criteria:
- Provide emergency shelter services and support and/or affordable housing
- Promote and improve education or youth programs
- Contribute to the overall health and welfare of our community members
- Are 501(c)(3) organizations
- Benefit the communities of our lending areas
- Exhibit interest and support among The American National Bank staff members
- Have an existing relationship with The American National Bank
While The American National Bank will gladly consider all requests, we have limited funds available for philanthropic opportunities, therefore the amount requested may not be able to be granted. In addition, we do not support the following*:
- Political parties, programs, organizations or candidates
- Travel for individuals or groups
- For-profit entities
- Organizations/events of controversial or discriminatory nature
- Pledges for charity walks
- Scholarship programs
*These will be the general guidelines used by the review committee, however, there are always exceptional circumstances.
How does the donation process work?
After reviewing the information above, you believe your cause aligns with The American National Bank’s Charitable Giving Focus, you may complete a Charitable Giving Form Request and submit it to be reviewed by the bank’s Charitable Giving Committee. Forms can be submitted to any of The American National Bank’s offices or mailed to: The American National Bank, Attn.: Marketing Dept., 115 Front St., Beaver Dam, WI 53916. Requests should be submitted at least four weeks prior to any planned events.
When should I hear back regarding my request?
Once your request is received by the bank’s Marketing Department, you should typically have a response in 10-12 business days. Funding should be sent to the requester within three weeks of when the request was submitted and approved. A decision to deny a request does not imply The American National Bank believes the applicant’s program is not worthy, but rather it either does not fit our guidelines or funds are not available.