The safety of your accounts is important to us! We continuously strive to keep you informed of safety features and tips to avoid possible risk to your accounts and access devices. If you have specific questions regarding safety, please call any one of our offices or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I keep my Debit Card Safe?
· Always know where your card is
· If you misplace it call us immediately so we can block the card
· If you misplace your card after business hours call 1-800-472-3272
· Never write your PIN # on your card
· Never carry your PIN # with you
· Review your account statement(s) promptly upon receiving them
· Better yet, utilize our online banking or 24-hour answer line to monitor your account (s)
· Notify us immediately if you notice anything suspicious on your statement (s)NEVER share your card or PIN # with others
What does The American National Bank do to keep my Debit Card safe?
We have recently added a new fraud protection service called Enfact Real Time.
Enfact Real Time monitors your Debit Card transactions, watching the dollar amounts, number of transactions in a 24 hour period, location where transactions originate, and deviation from typical debit card behavior.
Transactions that trigger the system to identify them as being suspicious will be denied and Enfact will immediately attempt to contact you on our behalf. Multiple attempts will be make to contact you by phone. If you receive a voice mail, it is important you return the call. If attempts to reach you by phone are unsuccessful, a letter will be mailed to your address on file.
To provide the most effective fraud protection services, it is important that we have your current address and phone number on file. Please notify us of any changes in this information!
Because the monitoring system can detect changes in your typical card usage and location of where card transactions take place, it is important for you to notify us of any travel plans. Please contact us to report your travel dates and destination so we can take steps to avoid denial of your Debit Card transactions while traveling.
A large percentage of Debit Card fraud occurs as a result of using the card to pay for online purchases. Protect yourself against fraud by following these tips:
1) When using the internet for Debit Card purchases, seek out safety symbols, including the padlock icon in your browser's status bar and "s" after "http" in the URL, or the words "secure sockets layer" (SSL).
3) Buy only from merchants that request the 3-digit security code from the back of your card.
4) Arm your computer with antivirus and anti-spyware software.
5) Turn off your computer when you are finished shopping.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your Debit Card or the new fraud protection service!
Remember, if your debit card is ever lost or stolen contact us immediately during normal business hours at 920-885-2700, or at 1-800-472-3272 when our offices are closed.